Seriously? How am I feeling today? How would you feel if you were swollen and tired, and cranky and completely exhausted.
Ok so I'm really not any of these things today, but I do despise that question. Tim and I were talking and it made me think of this very sweet lady that I work with. Said lady has only the best of intentions but every time I see her that is the first thing she asks me. Even if she had asked me a mere 12 hours before. "Shannon, how are you feeling today?" Of course I always answer with a smile and a simple " pretty well thanks" but man if only she knew what I wanted to say sometimes
1. "I feel like I'm carrying a bowling ball under my shirt"
2. "I feel like I am sick of people asking me a stupid question"
3. "I feel angry/happy/sad/tired/ annoyed, all at the same time."
4. "I feel like I swallowed a turkey"
5. "I feel like Muhammed Ali is now living in my stomach"
6. "I feel like I'm sick of peeing... excuse me, nature calls"
7. "I feel like I wish men could carry the baby instead"
8. "I feel like curling up in a ball and waking up in september"
9. "I feel like Ethan is using my bladder as a trampoline"
10. "I feel ....... sick of being pregnant!!!"
Of course these people have only the best of intentions, and don't mean any harm from it, but man is it annoying.
" Shouldn't you have delivered him already "....... Answer- Do you think I'd be sitting here listening to you if I had already had him?
" I don't understand why you would want an epidural".... Answer- Because I have a crappy pain tolerance, and because I can!
"So your really pregnant?".... Answer- No I just enjoying throwing up and gaining weight that much
" Are you sure its not twins?".... Answer- This one doesn't even deserve and answer, you flip them off and walk away.