Saturday, July 2, 2011

Appreciation

So I was originally planning on coming home and venting about how used and underappreciated I feel some times. But then I thought about it and decided that it wouldn't change things, and things could be so much worse. So instead I'm going to talk about things I do appreciate. My family of course I love them to pieces. My Husband, as much as I want to kick him in the gonads sometimes he really is my best friend. My friends mean the world to me and without them i would be lost sometimes. But you know who I actually appreciate the most??

My patients at work. These kids are fighting the hardest battle of their life, it makes me feel ashamed to complain about mine sometimes. I mean they wake up, put a smile on their face and try to push thru the day the best they can, sometimes given the worse circumstances possible. They don't constantly complain, or whine, or do the " why me" stuff. They just deal and I really feel like I could learn something to this. There is always a silver lining. For a child with cancer it could be something as simple as being able to eat a favorite food for the first time in forever, or a favorite toy being brought from home. They don't ask for much, but deserve so much credit for fighting thru this. 


This really does give me such a profound appreciation for life. Hey it could be worse, and even if it gets worse doesn't mean its the end of the world. Its simply a stepping stone to bigger and better things.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...