Friday, October 28, 2011

Juicy Lucy

So I didn't name this ( because the name juicy lucy freaks me out just a bit) but I do love to eat them ( once again.. freaked out). 

What is a Juicy Lucy? Well its basically just a fun take on a cheese burger. 

Random Shannon factoid. I'm addicted to the travel channel, mostly to Man Vs Food. So much so that last time I was visiting my mother in law in MI I made Tim drive to Ann Arbor just so I could take one of the challenges I had seen on the show. ( FYI if your ever in Ann Arbor and really want some amazing nachos, check out Tio’s Mexican Cafe and take the Mount Nacheesmo Challenge, 5 lbs worth of nacho goodness. And no, I wasn't able to even put a dent in it despite being pregnant at the time)

Anyway back to the Juicy Lucy. While indulging ourselves ( because I have Tim hooked too) in a little man vs food tv we saw what could only be described as the best hamburger ever in Minneapolis.  It looked simple enough to make so since then we have been on a journey to make our own Juicy Lucy.  I guess 3rd try is a charm, because we made them recently and they were delish!  Now I know they aren't techniqually low carb with a bun, but lose the bun and they're still heaven on a plate. Trust me, you don't want to ignore this.

So here we go, Juicy Lucy

Yes, thats cheesy goodness oozing out of the side


2 lbs ground beef
6 slices Kraft Cheddar cheese
6 hamburger buns
steak seasoning

Season meat per personal preference. ( we used mccormick hamburger seasoning, plus a little chopped onion)


After mixing meat and seasoning together lay it out on cutting board and use rolling pin to thin ( you want it thin, but not so thin that it breaks)


Use a bowl/large cup/ ( or in our case a milk shake cup) as a "cutter" to get perfectly even, same size patties. ( you may have to ball left over meat back up and re roll, to get all the meat cut perfectly)

Take cheese, break it in 4 small pieces and stack together in the center of 1 patty. Place another patty on top and then pinch edges of patties together to seal cheese in ( this is the most important part, if you don't create a good seal then the cheese will leak out before its done cooking)
Grill for 14-16 minutes depending on the type of grill you use ( basically cook these bad boys until they are completely done. It takes a little while longer because it has 2 cook thru 3 layers including the cheese)


Place on bun and add desired toppings then enjoy this super yummy cheese burger ( careful, that cheese is HOT!!)

PS, I decided to join followers fest, and you should too!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...