Sunday, October 16, 2011

Life of the Navy wife

 It doesn't happen often, but today is one of those days I hate being a navy wife.  I despise it down to my core. 

Every 6 months Tim rotates shifts ( days to nights or vice versa) well this last time, even though he was suppose to go to days, they kept him on nights.  Now with his weird schedule ( on 3 off 2, on 2 off 3) plus the fact that he works nights, there are at times days that go by without me seeing my husband, and without Ethan seeing his father. I think its complete crap that he got " promoted" to a supervisor role at work, but its not really a promotion ( because normal promotions come with additional perks of some sort) no, this is more work with no incentive.  So it makes me feel like I'm a single mother 5 days a week because even on his days off, Tims trying to play catch up on his sleep.

I knew what I was getting into when I married a military guy, but that doesn't mean that it makes it any easier to deal with. I don't know how some people can do this. Basically be single mothers while there husband is deployed ( or in my case 15 minutes down the street, but we still don't get to see him). I think I would break. Kudos to them, because I don't know if I could do this all the time. Its not like I have a extremely fussy baby or a colicky baby, but its like he can tell when Tims not around because he clings to me like glue, screaming if I put him down like he is afraid I'm going to have to go somewhere too. ( which makes me wonder how this will work when I go back to work in a few weeks).

I don't feel right talking to Tim about this. He is stressed with work as is, he doesn't need my pity party on top of this. I know if he had a choice he would love to have a "normal" work schedule so he could be home more often, but its just not in the cards right now.

Wow reading over this makes me feel like a whiner....

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...