Saturday, November 12, 2011

Like I never left

Thats how it feels being back at work, like I never left. The people I work with are amazing and I am so grateful for all the kind words and the welcoming attitude they all have. While I always felt like part of the team, it was so nice to see how missed I was.

 I decided that going back on a sunday would be a good transition, limited craziness. I was so right! I didn't have to "jump back in" and feel like I was drowning because it was a low key relaxing day. We were able to get all our work done then had time to sit around and catch up. Wow I missed those girls! And to make my first day back even better while I was standing there talking to some of my fellow nurses everyone got really quiet and started smiling. I turned around to see Tim and Ethan right behind me! They had decided to come and surprise me at work and it made my day. I had been doing so well being apart from my little guy but it was so nice to see him and give him a huge hug and a million kisses.

Tuesday and Wednesday were a little more hectic. Tim had to work the nights before, so it was just me to get up, get ready, pump, and get Ethan fed. Luckily my mom decided instead of me having to drag Ethan out at 5am she would come to my house and wait for him to wake up on his own and then get him ready and take him to her house which gave me about 30 minutes extra to sleep in every morning. Work was much more busy ( as it normally is during the week) but it was so fulfilling.

 I had doubts that I would be able to juggle work and baby but so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...