Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Love makes the world go round

So in honor of Valentines Day Becky at From Mrs. to Mama is hosting a little link up that I decided to participate in. Its all about love... More specifically in my case me and the Hubs so I thought this would be a fun way to kick off Valentines day.





1. How long have you and your significant other been together? We've known each other for 9 Years ( Holy Cow!!)  and married for 3 years in August.




2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}Tim and I met back  in 2003 when I was a freshman in college while I worked at Subway. He came in about 5 minutes before closing one night, after I had everything cleaned and was ready to walk out the door. I pitched a huge fit, and was actually pretty mean.. ( what can I say I was 18, selfish and it was a friday night). But despite my attitude and the fact that I looked like a hot mess ( I don't think a day went by in the 3 years I worked there that I didn't get mustard on my work shirt, and this night was no exception) he came in every day and asked me for my phone number, which I always told him no. I had just got out of a relationship and wasn't wanting to start a new one, especially with a older, navy guy.  Finally one day to get him to leave me alone I took his number, and after some harassment from my 2 best friends I gave him a call. He hasn't been able to get rid of me since.

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? We were married August 1, 2009 on the hottest day of the year. We didn't have much of a choice since we had a 2 week break between workups with Tim's job, where he would be gone.


4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  We got married in Norfolk Va at the Sheraton Hotel which was wonderful because it is right on the river, so we had our ceremony outside looking over the river and then the reception inside. Of course in true Shannon and Tim fashion we ended up picking the hottest day of the year to get married on... Go us! We had about 50 guest and danced the night away. 








5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? I rarely call the hubs "Tim". Its almost always Timmy or TW ( short for Timothy Wayne).  He normally refers to me as " Your Highness..." ok just kidding, normally its babe, or Shan.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. Yes I could list all the physical things ( because I married a hottie, so I have lots of things to list there) but otherwise he makes me laugh more then anyone I know. He loves me even at times when I don't think I really deserve it, and he isn't just a loving and caring husband, but he is such a good father with Ethan and Aubrey that it always makes my heart melt a little bit.






7. Tell us how he proposed? Tim recreated our first date, including dinner at Outback, a movie( we saw Lakeview Terrace), and then a walk on the beach. It was freezing that night ( just like our first date actually) So I didn't feel like staying at the ocean front very long, but Tim insisted and convinced me to walk down to the water. Once we got there he dropped to one knee and gave me a quick speech about love and then pulled out..... pearl earrings!!! He started laughing , and I followed right along, until I noticed he was still on one knee with another box. He then continued his little speech and opened the box to reveal my engagement ring. It couldn't have been more perfect.


8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals? Neither, he is practical. He is always listening so when I say randomly one day that I would love " insert really random thing here" and then forget about it he remembers and magically gets me said thing. Which is always better then flowers or champagne



9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? Definitely a pop in a movie type of girl,but I like to go out sometimes too


10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? Tim is really into snowboarding but we never get to go, and when we do its just to local ski resorts ( ie nothing but tiny mountains and fake snow). I would love to be able to surprise him with a trip to Aspen for a week or so. Who knows... maybe sometime soon it will happen




11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.  Not much. Tim works, so we will probably just have a quiet night in with a nice home cooked meal and snuggles on the couch while watching a movie.


12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? The winning lottery numbers? Otherwise no. I think it takes away from how special a gift is if you have to ask for it.


13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Know that its ok to fight some times. But when you do, fight the right way, not back handed and childishly.  Having different opinions and working thru that can help you grow as not only a couple, but as individuals.


14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.


Love is never being afraid to be yourself.

7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful story! You guys are making me want to join the hop! and I love the new banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bridesmaids dresses are so beautiful! Following back:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I love the last picture! Pure... and full of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last picture is hysterical. Your little boy is too cute for words!

    Roxy
    This South Korean's Got Seoul

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love how persistent your hubby was. EVERY DAY coming back for your number. and i love that you didn't give in right away. what a great story to tell the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your story! So cute. Wedding pictures are beautiful and love the last picture. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the story. I love how he never gave up how awesome! I love that quote and the last pic awesome! Great story super cute!!

    ReplyDelete

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...