Friday, June 22, 2012

No more apologizing

So I've decided I'm going to stop apologizing. 

No I don't mean for everything, but for things beyond my control I am done apologizing. I am a mom, therefore there will be certain things that I can't help, or in my opinion are not worth it/ more important then you.  ( No not YOU, but you, in the general sense.)

Let me explain....

1. I will no longer apologize for asking my neighbors to turn the noise down.
If its past 9pm then I don't want to hear your radio, children playing in the back yard, or you working on your house with hammers and power tools. My child is a sleep and I will not willingly allow you to wake him up because your inconsiderate.

2.Ethan making a mess at a resturant.
He's a baby, I don't like that he makes a mess, and yes I feel bad however I am not going to starve my child just because we are out in public. I try my best to keep things orderly, but I'm human and so is he, get over it

3.Crying Baby
Yes it can be annoying where there is a screaming baby nearby in a store, restaurant, or other random place with lots of people. However what would people rather I do? Gag my baby? I don't think so.

4.Messy House
Because in the grand scheme of things there are more important things, like hanging out with my family then cleaning my house. Yes I use to clean my house non-stop, but life happened and I'm not going to let it pass me by while worrying about vacuuming.

5. Yes My kid is cute
I would never apologize for my kid being cute, and I'm not saying he is the cutest kids in the world ( ok well technically I am, but I mean have you seen my son!) But being modest about it with that whole " Oh you think, well yeah I guess he is cute" isn't going to cut it. As they always say.... If you've got it, flaunt it


6. Looking a hot mess
I can't tell you the number of people who have been " whoa Shannon, rough night?" No I just didn't feel like getting dressed up for you. Or maybe I did have a rough night. Regardless I don't care anymore

There are so many other things, but I think you get the point. No more apologizing for being a MOM.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea...I always am apologizing too and it gets ridiculous when you stop and think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! And u can relate. Except I haven't taken my son to a restaurant since he was about 2 weeks old. I just don't think I can deal.

    ReplyDelete

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...