Sunday, August 12, 2012

30 Days- Day 8 and Day 9




8. What are 5 passions you have? 

1. My career. No matter where I end up, I know that oncology is my calling. For every negative I have there are numerous positives.

2. Being a good mom. I refuse to be anything other then the best mom I can possibly be. I want to look back at Ethans childhood in 20 years and say, I didn't always get it right, but I always tried 100%

3. The arts, especially music- I love that people embrace whatever creative outlet they can. It can be such a beautiful thing. I personally have always been drawn towards music and painting.

4.  Lately,? Losing weight- I have got back on the weight loss train and plan on kicking this last 50lbs asap

5.LGBT rights- If you've read my blog you know that I am an advocate for LGBT rights. I won't sit here and say you have to "like " people, but as humans we all deserve to be treated with respect, no matter what our sexual orientation.





9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.

1. Ethan- Never have I ever tried so hard to be a better person until I had E. He makes me want to aim higher, be better, and love more. He makes me better.
2. Tim- Tim has always pushed me, even when I don't want to be pushed and though we may not always see eye to eye he is my best friend and has loved me even when I didn't want to love myself
3.My Mom- the strongest women I know. She has not had an easy life and yet she still pushes through fighting
4. My Bio Dad- I have never had a close relationship with this man. As a child he broke my heart over and over being the typical dead beat dad, making promises he did keep and letting me down. It took me until I was 16 to understand that it didn't matter how much I wanted him to be in my life, he would never be there for me like I needed him. Its hard but thats life, raw and and unperfect. It taught me to be stronger and to value the relationships I do have.
5. Brother and Sister- Watching them grow up I was so jealous of them, I always thought they were perfect and they pushed me to be better. Now I look back and see how much they strived for, how much they looked up to me.
6.My patients- Plain and simple- They make me a better person. I value so much more and come home each night to hug Ethan just a little longer.
7.My best friend Jess- She is my polar opposite, the yin to my yang. And without her  I would be lost sometimes
8. My Dad- Life isn't perfect, people make mistakes. And those people are always who you thought they were. Not perfect, human, and they make mistakes.
9. Aubrey- She reminds me SO much of myself and I can't go back in time to fix the things I didn't get right, but its nice knowing that I'm there to help her through those same things
10.Me- I look back at who I was, and remind myself how far I've come. That's a huge influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...