Tuesday, August 7, 2012

30 Things Day 7

Best of Both Worlds

Day 7-What is your dream job, and why?
I have my dream job as a pediatric oncology nurse. But I've learned since having my dream job that its not always all its cracked up to be. I love what I do, I love the patients, but I have had to take some serious sacrifices to work where I do. Mostly- Pay. When I started working at my current hospital I took a $7 pay cut, why? Because it was my "dream job". In the beginning it didn't matter to much, but that was pre E. Now that there is another mouth to feed and Tim will probably be getting out of the military next year that $7 makes a huge difference. To the point where it has my wondering, maybe my dream job isn't as important as I originally thought. Sometimes you have to do whats right for your family, even if that means letting go of one dream to make a new one.

1 comment:

  1. That is really sad! What an important job, and the fact that it isn't a high paying job is crazy to me! You are such an important part of both the children and the parent's lives. People like you let them know their child is in good care and you comfort them. But you are right, sometimes you have to do what is best for your family. I just hope things work out and you can keep your dream job. Not everyone is made to do a job like that!

    PS: I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...