Sunday, August 12, 2012

Head Banger

My perfect child has developed a strange and very unnerving habit. He bangs his head, on EVERYTHING! 

His crib, the floor, the wall, me. He doesn't do it hard, but its repetitive and it freaks me out. I came home from work and he had a bruise from here he had done it. I have spoke to the pediatrician and was told I have nothing to worry about, its a phase and he will grow out of it. 


Horrible quality but you can see the bright brown bruises in the middle of his head. 

Apparently its pretty common, 20% of infants and toddlers do it, and 3/4 of those are male. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it, and it appears like he does it only when he is frustrated or sleepy.
It just freaks me out because what if something IS wrong? Many people see head banging and think autism. That was the first thing that popped in my head, but he is otherwise fine so the says even though they have been able to find autism in kids E's age, its highly ( HIGHLY) unlikely, and this is just a phase.

I have been told the only thing I can do is to ignore it and he will outgrow it, but seriously do you know how hard it is to ignore when your child is doing this all day?


Yep, he looks just like things ( ok maybe not that hard, but still...)



No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...