Doing another show and tell linkup with one of my favorite bloggers, Becky.
- Are you married? If so when did you get married, and tell us about your special day. If not? How would you describe your dream wedding?
- Show us some wedding pictures. Either yours or of some that you love.
- How about the engagement? Tell us your story. If not engaged, what's your dream proposal?
- Show us your wedding rings or an engagement photo! If not engaged/married ... show us your "dream" ring.
- Tell us why you think marriage doesn't work out for so many? What can we do to make things last
1.Yes I am married. We just recently ( August 1) celebrated our 3 anniversary. We got married on the hottest day of the year outside overlooking a river here in Hampton Roads.
It was a hot mess from the beginning and it seemed like nothing was going to go right. My bridesmaids and I showed up 4 hours before the wedding to start getting ready and they hotel didn't have our room ready. So after 30 minutes of waiting and a few threats to start setting up our hair and makeup stuff in the lobby we magically got a room. Next problem, the cupcake stand was to small to fit our actual cake up top even though we were told it would fit. Fine whatever. Lets see what else. Ok so imagine this, there I am walking down the aisle balling like a baby
Anyway there I am crying and all of a sudden the music stops. We had a violinist and her music blew off her stand right as we were half way down the aisle.... Awkward!
Needless to say after that the rest of the ceremony and reception were both pretty uneventful ( except me falling while dancing at the reception and it being a bizillion degrees out when we took our photos.
2. More wedding pictures? Sure!
3. The engagement! Tim recreated our first date, Including dinner at Outback, a movie( we saw Lakeview Terrace), and then a walk on the beach. It was freezing that night ( just like our first date actually) So I didn't feel like staying at the ocean front very long, but Tim is persistant and convinced me to walk down to the water. Once we got there he droped to one knee and gave me a quick speech about love and then pulled out..... Earrings!!! He started laughing , and I followed right along, until I noticed he was still on one knee with another box. He then continued his little speech and opened the box to reveal my engagement ring. It couldn't have been more perfect.