Monday, September 10, 2012

Show and Tell- Baby Talk




The Questions
1. Tell us your favorite baby names? Aside from your own babies, if you have some :)
2. Show me your "dream" nursery {can be your baby's nursery or one that you love}
3. How many children would you like to have? How far apart?
4. Tell us what you think the importance of parenting is?
5. Show us your favorite newborn photo {can be your children or random}
6.  Tell us some things you promise to never do as a parent {and if you are a parent, did you stick to it}

The Answers
1.  Other then Ethan Andrew??  Well actually that wasn't his original name. I love 2 types of names, Old fashion names or ones that are just a little bit different. When we were trying to pick a name for E I was stuck on the name Deacon, and if Tim hadn't wanted a ridiculous middle name to go with it I would have stuck with it. But I couldn't torture my son with the middle name Blaze. I mean Deacon Blaze... no way.  As for old fashion names I love Adelaide for a girl.  Ethan isn't really unique or old fashion but I loved it when I heard it and it was instantly "the one"

2.
A little new mixed with a little old




3. How many total? 4 We already have Aubrey and Ethan and would like to have one more naturally. After that I have always wanted to adopt and we both agree that with child number 4 we would adopt when the time is right.

4.  I, by no means am a perfect parent but I think one of the most important things about parenting is be the parent 1st and the friend second. I know and even understand that people want to be close with their children and be "friends". But sometimes you can't be your child's friend and your child's parent at the same time, and parenting must come first. There will be times when you have to do what you think is right despite what friends, family, and your child says. Because that's your job as a parent to make sure your children grow up to be loved, happy, healthy well rounded members of society.




5. Just a few of Ethan's newborn photos







6. I wish I had a good answer to this. There will probably be a lot of things that I have sworn I won't do that I will end up likely give into to a certain extent.

Just a short list of things I've already caved into
No candy. I gave Ethan a twizzler when he was teething really bad a few weeks ago to naw on and despite it being a horrible idea in theory I really think it helped his gums a ton ( ugh bad mommy moment but oh well I'm human)
Bye, bye paci by 6 months- Here we are a year old and he still has a paci 


4 comments:

  1. Love the newborn pictures! Ha, I have a picture somewhere on my blog of A chewing on a Twizzler on our drive home from vacation.

    Sara
    mommysummers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the twizzler wasn't my proudest mommy moment but it worked which is all that really matters ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I want to get rid of that paci now the he's one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you want 4 kids too! I would love to have a baby naturally too...I wish, I wish!

    ReplyDelete

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...