Monday, September 17, 2012

Show and Tell- High School



The Questions

1. Tell us what kind of student you were in high school {popular, nerd, sport obsessed, choir, etc}
2. Share with us some high school pictures. We know you have them somewhere.
3. Tell us about your school. Private? Public? How many in graduating class? Mascots? School colors?
4. Tell us about some of your favorite memories of high school. Or what stands out the most? Any teachers? Specific classes?
5. Tell us a piece of advice you would pass on to your children or any child entering high school.

The Answers
1.I didn't really fall into one particular group. I was friends with everyone the popular kids, jocks, emo kids, the rednecks ( I grew up in NC remember) etc. I was in the band, so that was a category all to its self in our high school ( not a bad thing or a good thing, just a thing).  But most of the kids in my high school were like that we all got along for the most part which was pretty nice because we were a relatively small school.

2.I wish I had more on my computer, but most of them are the originals and are in storage.
Senior Prom, Blonde is NOT my color

Shortly after prom I came to my senses and went back to brunette


Here is a hint, I'm in the 2nd row


Half of the CCHS senior class of 2003


3.I went to a small public high school with about 150 people in my graduating class. Its actually the only high school in the whole county which shows you how small it is.  Our mascot was the "Knights" and our school colors were Red, White, and Grey.  We had a huge variety as far as the students, but people seemed to all get a long for the most part. I remember how bad our football team was.  As in hadn't won a game in YEARS bad.  Another random tidbit about my highschool? They accidently built it backwards. So the front of the school faced the softball fields and the woods. I guess they didn't realize until it was to late.

4.  Some of my favorite memories from high school had to do with the marching band. I was in band all 4 years and we would go to competitions and raise hell. We were loud and cocky because we were good ( really good). But we had so much fun!  What else? Oh senior prom- I ended up going with a friend who I happened to have a huge crush on at the time, talk about good luck.  Skipping class and going to the beach with friends.  I remember sitting in Mr Williams chemistry class on 9-11 and everyone going into panic mode ( not a favorite memory, but a memory still)

5. Remember that this is only 4 years of your life. Yes it seems like your whole world right now, but you will graduate and move on to bigger and better things. Enjoy the time you have to be young and carefree but remember that this is the beginning of the rest of your life and people will be watching you. What you do in high school can shape where you go in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...