Sunday, January 13, 2013

Isn't that Pintresting

Hey I did these a while back ( they were Christmas presents from Ethan to my mom and step dad) but keep forgetting to post about it.

Who doesn't love the idea of custom mugs? I have heard mixed reviewed on the whole " dyi sharpie mug". 

Well I can tell you now from personal experience that this totally works! I plan on pulling out my sharpies for a lot of home made gifts in the future.


First things first- Buy 2 plain white mugs ( although I really think any color would work). I found these on clearance at Target.



After that I hunted for the perfect quote. 
" Grandparents make the world a little softer, a little warmer, a little kinder"

After I had the perfect quote I grabbed my sharpie and got to writing. Now the only down fall with this project is if your like me and don't have gorgeous hand writing because my hand writing is pretty blah, and I accidentally wrote on the mugs a little crooked. Oh well its the thought that counts


After that I popped them in the oven for 30 minutes on 300 degrees.

When they are done make sure they're completely cool then give them a little test and wipe across the wording to make sure it stays put. 


Tada! The gifts were a total success and it was probably the easiest project ever!

Now I just have to decided what else I get to attack with my sharpie.



No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...