Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Last Year

It already seems so far away! Ok not really but I have a flair for the dramatic. Anywho I found this over at From Mrs to Mom
and thought, why not I have nothing better to do while I sit at work taking care of my 1 patient ( its a slow time during the holidays).

1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Go to a conference for work. It was so educational and I had a blast!



2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year
No I'm a slacker, but this year I'm going to stick to it. Or at least try?



3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Something is in the water where I work, we had 5 girls I work with all give birth this year.



4. Did anyone close to you die?
I'm a nurse so I deal with death more then I would like. But yes I had 2 patients that I was very close to both pass away this year. They will each be greatly missed.


5. Did you visit anywhere exciting?
Disney! Oh yeah, I got to hang out at the House of Mouse for my work conference in November


6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
- More money and a bigger house. Its a work in progress. We are working hard to pay off as much debt as possible and then hopefully will be moving into a bigger place by the end of this year.


7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
You would think that Ethans birthday would be the first thing that popped into my head but it was actually Jan 19th 2012- They day we were in a car accident. I don't know why but it definitely stands out the most in my mind.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I finally bit the bullet and got another job so we can be more finacially stable.


9. What was your biggest mistake?
So my first answer I can't post on here just yet ( you'll hopefully see what in the near future) so I'll come back to this another day

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing like a broken elbow to make you realize just how old you are.



11. What was the best thing you bought?
My husbands Christmas present. We are going on a snowboarding trip in Feburary



12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ethans for sure. He has grown into his own person so quickly and its funny watching him because I see more of myself, but better. He has my attitude but he is still so sweet.


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Family. Sometimes things don't go as planned and you have to go with the flow of things, even if its not easy/
The Newtown shooting- My heart still breaks just thinking about it.

14. Where did most of your money go in 2011?
The kids. They're spoiled. Aubrey got a car and Ethan thinks he needs something anytime we go somewhere. Plus I'm a sucker, so I give it to him

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Christmas. We did a really small Christmas last year, but now that we have more money coming in we were able to splurge a little.

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Fighter-Gym Class Heros

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: More prayerful.
I think so. I have really been longing to get back to going to church and wanting to show Ethan the right way to live.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?-
Blog. Sorry you guys the last couple of months have been pretty slim. I'm trying to get the creative juices flowing its just taking some time.


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Fighting. I'm pretty laid back until someone gets on my bad side, then the claws come out. I really need to learn how to just let it go.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
We had a blast. Ethan let us sleep in, then we did presents and spent time with family

21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
I fall more in love with my husband every time I see him.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
 My new fall favorite was Revolution. Love love love that show


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is too strong of a word, I don't care for people but to hate them takes to much energy that I could be using for better things.

24. What was the best book you read?
Ok don't judge but 50 Shades of Grey. Yes its raunchy and whatnot but its one of those books thats really hard to put down when you start.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Dave Barnes. I'm listening to him as I type. I'm pretty obsessed.

26. What did you want and get?
A way to make more $. Its not my dream job, but its helping with what we needed.

27. What did you want and not get?
Tim to make rank so he can stay in the Navy.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent 8-17 with family. Oh and I turned 27

29. What’s one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to pay our debt off so we can move into a bigger house.

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
My style varies greatly, but I tried to stock up on my "grown up" pieces and less jeans/tshirts. I want to be able to be a mom, but still be fashionable.

31. What kept you sane?-
Wine?  Oh and my family. But definitely wine.

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Channing Tatum does no wrong in my book. No wrong.

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election. I'm so glad its over. People get so catty and act like their opinion is the only one that matters. You can have an opinion and not shove it down someones throat but at election time most people forget that.

34. Who do you miss the most?
 My 2 best friends. I haven't seen either of them in months because they both moved pretty far away.

35. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't know if I met anyone new this year?

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012?
Life is short. Enjoy every minute of it and remember to tell the people in your life that you love them because you never know when they may not be gone.

37. What are your new years resolutions for 2013?
No more cursing. I'm going to really try hard to stick to it.

Ok there it is, my 2012 survey. Feel free to complete it for yourself. Let me know if you did, I would love to read it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you did the survey!! I love reading everyone's answers. I remember all of your posts about most of these, lol!

    ReplyDelete

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...