Saturday, March 9, 2013

Liebster Award

I feel pretty special right now ( special loved, not special weird of course). Kelly over at Walkin' On Sunshine nominated me, and let me tell you I NEVER get nominated for stuff so it really means a lot. Thanks Kelly.  And for those of you who have not already done so, head over to Kelly's blog and check it out!

Ok so what is it exactly? Well its a blogger to blogger award used to showcase newer blogs. Basically it needs to be a newer blogs with less then 200 followers. The biggest and most basic rule is you need to pay it forward and nominate someone else when your done.

Here are the guidelines for what you need to do-


So, here are the guidelines for the award:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 new blogs you love and link them in your post.
5. Please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!


Ok here are my 11 things

1. My left are is shorter then my right. Most people think I'm lying when I first tell them this, but trust me we've measured. Its legit.
2. I'm a pediatric oncology nurse at a very small children's hospital ( and the only one in Va, holler!)
3.I hate to cook and if I could afford to I would just eat out at the mexican restaurant down the road every night. They know me and Ethan by name, so we pretty much are already accomplishing that.
4. Tim ( the hubster) and I are seriously contemplating moving out of the area after he gets out of the navy later this year.
5. I met my best friend when we were 4. I can't seem to get rid of that broad.......
6. I have had 3 broken bones, all on my left arm ( elbow, wrist, and thumb) 
7. I listen to cheesy pop music ( think 90's boy bands) to cheer up when I'm down
8. Every year I ask Tim for the same thing for Christmas- a potbellied pig I can name Hammible ( get it, get it???) I thought it was clever too.
9. I've never traveled further west then Kentucky.
10. If I wasn't a nurse I would have been a hair stylist or makeup artist.
11. My nickname in high school was Dot, thanks to all of my freckles.

Here are Kelly's Questions
11 questions for the nominees to answer:
1. What is your dream home?
2. What is your favorite song and why?
3. Who is your celebrity design alter ego? (ex: Nate Berkus, Martha Stewart, Holly Becker @ Decor8, etc).
4. What is your favorite blog post you have ever done and why?
5. What are 3 of your favorite blogs and why do you love them?
6. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
7. "I'll ----------- if it's the last thing I do".
8. Best vintage or decor find of all time?
9. What is a home trend that you have tried/followed that you've regretted?
10. Who is your favorite author?
11. Favorite Pattern?

1. Somewhere bigger and nicer then our little 2 bedroom townhouse we currently have. I just want something that we can grow with, and somewhere that our kids can grow up in. You know white picket fence, 2 car garage, large yard. Very Leave it to Beaver-ish

2. Of all time? Tears in Heaven- Eric Clapton. I adore that song.

3. I love HGTV so pretty much everyone is better then me. Except Martha, I don't like Martha.

4.Understand Ryan  not because its my best writing, but because its real, and raw, and honest. I don't even know if my brother has ever seen the post but I hope that he is proud of me.

5. I always make sure that I catch up and read recent blogs from LindsayLacey,and Nancy because these ladies don't just have me cracking up but I really appreciate their honesty when it comes to their posts.

6. I have had a blog off and on ( a couple different ones) for a few years. All but this when by the wayside after a few months. I like that I have a place to be myself, to express my views and opinion and to document the world as I see it.

7. Lose Weight. My high school reunion is coming up in 5 months and I have got to lose weight! ( probably should start by laying off the mexican food huh?)

8. The side table in Ethan's room. It was pure luck that we stumbled across this little gem. We were bored and found ourselves in a furniture store, so when we saw it we knew we had to get it.

9. Ok this is going to sound mean, but letting my husband pick furniture. He has no taste so he just picked stuff because he was on sale or whatever and then we have been stuck with it. Don't you worry though when/if we move this year, our furniture is staying in VA.

10. I don't have just one. A good author is anyone who can pull me into the book and make me not want to put it down.

11.I love Chevron, and I also love whatever you call the wallpaper on this here blog. I just don't remember the technical word for it.

Since I'm a complete slacker with no creativity ( or it could be because I'm tired and its late) I'm totally just copying Kelly's questions. Sorry!


1. What is your dream home?
2. What is your favorite song and why?
3. Who is your celebrity design alter ego? (ex: Nate Berkus, Martha Stewart, Holly Becker @ Decor8, etc).
4. What is your favorite blog post you have ever done and why?
5. What are 3 of your favorite blogs and why do you love them?
6. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
7. "I'll ----------- if it's the last thing I do".
8. Best vintage or decor find of all time?
9. What is a home trend that you have tried/followed that you've regretted?
10. Who is your favorite author?
11. Favorite Pattern?

And now some new blogs for your to go and check out- And because I'm a complete rule breaker some of these bloggers have had their blogs for a while but I still love them so go check it out
My Dear sweet friend Ashley @ Treasures in Texas
Lacey @Life of Lacey
The Mrs/ The Mom @ From Mrs. To Mom
Katy @ The Link Home

Yes I know I can't count and that's only 7 but that will have to do for now, because its time to hit the hay. Night Ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the love!! I will try and do this too, but don't hold it against me if I don't get a chance to do it. :)

    Also, I LOVE that side table in Ethan's room & Mexican food is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What part of VA are y'all in? We were stationed in Quantico a few years ago & I love love mexican food :)

    ReplyDelete

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...