Sunday, August 4, 2013

Doing it for Me

Years ago I fell in love with with painting. Tim was deployed and I used painting as a way to escape, rid myself of frustration, and just let go.  Well as many hobbies can do I lost my passion for painting. Its not that I don't wish I still did it its that our office is now a nursery and its very hard to find time to paint when you are chasing an almost 2 year old.

So for the longest time I have been hobby-less. Now some might not see that as a bad thing, but as a mom I most definitely believe you need a hobby. Something that you do just for you. Some people paint, some sew, some blog ( yes I guess this is a hobby, but it too is one I haven't been very good at keeping up with lately). The point is we moms need SOMETHING!  

Back when I was pregnant Tim bought us a new camera with the thought that we could save money if one of us figured out how to use it. Well for over a year and a half we treated our camera as nothing more then an expensive point and shoot and didn't use it for all that it was worth.   Well ladies and gentlemen that has changed. I have fallen in love with photography, even to the point of taking a few classes to try and better my skill. Now I'm still light years away from calling myself  "good" but I have definitely taken the initiative and gotten much better, even going as far as recently photographing a friends wedding.

I guess my point is I can't believe I waited this long to do something for me, to give myself a new passion. And the best part is I always will have a little model waiting to say " CHEESE"!

















Like I said a long way to go, but at least I'm doing something for me. Who would have ever thought my newest passion would be right in front of my face. Literally



1 comment:

  1. Everyone needs a hobby for sure! My husband keeps telling me I need to find something I like because it will make me happier. His of course is cars and trucks. Don't even get me started on that! Ha!

    I have a point and shoot nikon cool pix (P520. It has a few specialty things about it and I love the pictures. It is a huge up grade from my tiny point and shoot that I had for the past 5 years. I hope that in the future (maybe next 5 years) to have a nice camera like the Nikon D5100 or any of the nice DSLR ones that are out! I think photography is great! It's catching memories forever!Keep going with it for sure!

    -Nikki
    www.niksynikki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...