Linking up with Becky again for this weeks " Blogging with a Purpose".
If you have been following my blog for a while you will know that I've admitted that there have been a few things I swore I would never do as a parent. And I did them, and I survived. Well that post was written almost 2 years ago, and while I hate to admit it by list of "never say never" as grown quite a bit.
- I'll never be that person who gives unrequested parenting advice. -Um hello, I have a blog which means your constantly getting my views on parenting, whether you want them or not.
- Ethan won't wear "cartoon" shirts.- Then he fell in love with an Avengers tshirt and I can't convince him its ugly no matter how hard I try.
- I won't give my kid junk food. Yeah lets just go with this is a big fat lie. Ethan and I just had some twizzlers. Mom fail.
- I will never let my son cry it out. I learned long ago ( in Ethan speak that is) some times a kid just needs to cry. He can't talk well yet and when you have a million emotions your going through you sometimes just need a good cry. I always make sure he knows I'm there when he is done, but sometimes he just needs his space to cry.
-I won't have one of those kids who likes to play with my phone ( kindle, ipad, whatevs). Yeah Ethan can not only turn my phone on, go to his games, and play quietly. He has also figured out how to call his 2 favorite people. The Hubby and his Mimi ( my mom)
- My children will never play with toy guns- Water guns shouldn't count? Right
- " I will never let my kid watch Barney or Yo Gabba Gabba"- Hey look at that I just named his 2 favorite shows. Go figure.
-" Stop crying before I give you something to cry about"- I'm even embarrassed that I said it, let alone admitted it to the whole internet. Luckily Ethan doesn't have a clue what it means and I've never "had to give him something to cry about". He finds plenty of reasons on his own.