Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Never Say Never. Part 2- Blogging with a Purpose


Linking up with Becky again for this weeks " Blogging with a Purpose".

If you have been following my blog for a while you will know that I've admitted that there have been a few things I swore I would never do as a parent. And I did them, and I survived. Well that post was written almost 2 years ago, and while I hate to admit it by list of "never say never" as grown quite a bit.

- I'll never be that person who gives unrequested parenting advice. -Um hello, I have a blog which means your constantly getting my views on parenting, whether you want them or not.

- Ethan won't wear "cartoon" shirts.- Then he fell in love with an Avengers tshirt and I can't convince him its ugly no matter how hard I try.

- I won't give my kid junk food. Yeah lets just go with this is a big fat lie. Ethan and I just had some twizzlers. Mom fail.

- I will never let my son cry it out. I learned long ago ( in Ethan speak that is) some times a kid just needs to cry. He can't talk well yet and when you have a million emotions your going through you sometimes just need a good cry. I always make sure he knows I'm there when he is done, but sometimes he just needs his space to cry.

-I won't have one of those kids who likes to play with my phone ( kindle, ipad, whatevs). Yeah Ethan can not only turn my phone on, go to his games, and play quietly. He has also figured out how to call his 2 favorite people. The Hubby and his Mimi ( my mom)

- My children will never play with toy guns- Water guns shouldn't count? Right

- " I will never let my kid watch Barney or Yo Gabba Gabba"- Hey look at that I just named his 2 favorite shows. Go figure.

-" Stop crying before I give you something to cry about"- I'm even embarrassed that I said it, let alone admitted it to the whole internet. Luckily Ethan doesn't have a clue what it means and I've never "had to give him something to cry about". He finds plenty of reasons on his own.


3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, this is seriously funny :) Now that I think about it (of course after writing mine) I have ALWAYS hated cartoon shirts. The shoes are even worse!!! And just FYI if they want guns and you won't let them, they will make them. Legos, duplos, toilet paper rolls, their fingers, let me count the ways...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. Ethan recently got a pair if avengers shoes to match his avengers shirt. Mom fail lol

      Delete
  2. Hilarious post! I totally swore off Barney as well and when my son was 1 1/2 he was OBSESSED with that show!

    ReplyDelete

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...