Sunday, August 25, 2013

Why a Boy Needs a Dad

                  Safe, for a child, is his father's hand, holding him tight.-
Marion Garretty

We all feel that its important for boys to have a male role model in their life and while some women go at it alone do to personal choice or circumstances beyond their control I think there is truly something special about the relationship between a father and his soon.

I watch Ethan and his eyes light up when Tim is around. Something about hearing his little voice scream " DADDY!!" at the top of his lungs warms my heart.

 I watch the 2 of them and see just how different the relationship they have together is different from mine and Ethan's. I'm the cuddler, the singer, the story teller. Tim is the wrestler, the sports lover, the " he's a boy" he'll be fine(r)"




There are those moments when I feel that my patience is gone, and I'm hanging on by a thread only to have Tim come in, scoop Ethan up and throw him in the air and for some reason everything is OK again.



Can I point my finger to exactly what it is that makes their relationship special? No but I see it every time I look at them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...