Monday, September 9, 2013

Birthday Weekend Recap

Ethan's second birthday was Saturday and we celebrated Mickey Mouse style.  It was a hectic day to say the least, with a late start, me throwing my back out right as we got to the park, and about half of our guest bailing last minute, but all in all I think the little man had a great time and that's what matters the most.

We've got ears, say cheers!


The favors were a complete hit.


My poor homemade banner only made it about half way through the party thanks to the wind.


Best part about having it at the park? Free entertainment


 Cheese!


 Enjoying his giant cupcake




Holy Presents Batman! We need a new house just to store all the goodies Ethan got!



Back off people, Its MINE!!!


After the party we headed home to put Ethan down for a late nap and I decided that it was time for me to get my back looked at. I wasn't able to stand up straight since about 9 am and knew that by waiting I would only make things worse. I made it through his party, that was the important thing.

The doc at the ER says its time for me to stop putting off back surgery. I told him tough nuggies, I am about to lose my husband for 18 months, therefor surgery isn't' an option. So instead I was sent home with pain meds and steroids to reduce the swelling that is compressing my nerves and causing the pain.  Today was a better day so I guess its working. We'll see how I feel after work tomorrow though.

Other then the party and the trip to the weekend we pretty much hung at the house so I could relax and Ethan could play. All and all a beautiful ( although never uneventful) weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...