Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Feeling like a Failure- Weight Loss Wednesday

My weight loss battle has me feeling like a failure lately. Why? Because no matter what I do ( short of starving myself, and I'm not that desperate so that won't happen) I cannot lose weight. As a matter of fact I'm gaining. And gaining, and gaining.  


I had a feeling I knew the cause and today at a doctors appointment with my endocrinologist had my suspicion confirmed. My stupid missing thyroid is still giving me trouble. Your thyroid helps to stimulate metabolism. So if yours isn't working properly, or your like me and don't have one then your metabolism can be severely out of wack until you get your medication corrected. 

So problem solved. My meds are too low so thus causing a massive ( 22 lb) weight gain in the last 6 months. Now I can hopefully kick my metabolism into hyper speed and lose all of the weight I gained and then some. 


This is where I would normally state numerous curse words, but I'm trying to stop cussing so I won't. And you know whats worse? I ran across this. My last weight loss Wednesday post, where I was much lighter despite the fact that I had given birth just 8 months before. I was not only past my pre pregnancy weight, but past even that.

What is wrong with this situation!


Food Goal for the week- Eat at least 1 salad a day

Exercise goal of the week- restart C25K. Its cooling down so now is the perfect time to do it since I felt like I was going to have a heat stroke last time I tried this.

Just because I feel like a failure today doesn't mean I'm going to give up. This is just another set back on my journey to skinny.


1 comment:

  1. Good luck! Hopefully the medication change will kick things into gear :)

    ReplyDelete

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...