Sunday, September 15, 2013

Growing with God

Growing up I went to church pretty routinely, but since moving to Virginia haven't found a church that feels like home. Lately I have felt like something is missing, and I know that something is church, or more so the community that you can have with it.

You can be religious and not go to church, but I feel like there is something extra special about having a group of people whom you can truly relate to on that level.

So while I may have wondered down less then righteous paths over the years I've decided its time to focus on being a better person, a better mother, and a better wife, all of which I hope to become by putting more of a focus on God, and his word. 

Now don't get me wrong,  I'll still be my opinionated, brash, pain in the butt self but feel that its important for me to have a better relationship with God, and to help foster Ethan's own relationship with the Lord.

So now the big question is to where I feel "at home" I haven't found that place yet, but I've been trying and hope to finally find my place soon.  Tim got talking to some parents at the park the other day, and told them about my search and they suggested we come by their church, so next week we are going to give it a try and see what happens. 

Who knows, maybe it will be the end of my search.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...