Saturday, October 5, 2013

Isn't That Pinteresting-Redo

Today I'm revisiting some older post that I decided to revamp.  Remember when I made a magnetic chalkboard for Ethan?  Well I loved it originally. It was a easy project that didn't take long. But there were a lot of things I didn't like.

I used 500 Epoxy and even though some people swear by it as an "ultimate adhesive" it didn't work from keeping my wild child from destroying the trim. After I had 2 pieces of the trim pop off I ended up having to hide it in the closet. Another problem was because I cut the pieces of trim so quickly it didn't have the nice clean lines I truly wanted. So I told my wonderful husband and he went to Home Depot and bought me some new trim which I cut and spray painted red.


Then I used my all time favorite glue, Gorilla Glue and glued the pieces in place. That trim is never going anywhere. Trust me!
( Can we take a minute to notice the fact that my child is not wearing a diaper! More to come on that later)


Next I picked up some brackets and attached them to the back of my chalk board and hung it in Ethan's room. Needless to say he is in heaven having his board back.


The other project I revamped is my magnetic white board for my fridge.  The original one I made would not stay on my fridge no matter what I did. Well I found this on Pinterest and thought " I could do that!" So I did.
First I went to Home Depot and borrowed (maybe borrow is not the right word?) some paint sample cards


Then I cut them down to the right size and glued them to a sheet of paper ( note to self, next time use something more interesting then white!)


 Now to be completely honest I wish I would have done things a little different but regardless it didn't come out bad for a first try.  My big issue once again was making sure it actually stayed on my fridge. This time I broke out the Gorilla Glue again and glued magnet strips to the top and bottom.



So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...