Monday, October 7, 2013

Meaning of Marriage

“So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.” 
- Nicholas Sparks, the Notebook


Linking up with Becky today for 52 Weeks of Blogging with a Purpose. This week- The Meaning of Marriage.

The Hubs and I have been married for 4 years. Four long, wonderful, patience testing years and I have never regretted any of it. Yes there have been times where I wondered if we would make it, days when I wanted to walk away but we fought through it and came out on the other side stronger and more in love then the day we said "I do".


 That's what marriage is all about. It isn't about the destination, but the journey it takes to get there. Marriage isn't meant to be all rainbows and butterflies, flowers and jewelry.( don't get me wrong, those things are nice). It's meant to be fighting and making up, tears, laughter, and smiles. Its mean to be fighting for what you want and what you don't want not on your own but together. When two people get married they become one and the only way to truly conquer what life has in store is to do that together as a unit because those who try to do it on there own quickly realize that it won't work. 

Your husband ( or wife) is your rock, your go to person, and your best friend. They are you're family because you picked each, not because either of you are forced into it.

 They are the ones who make you laugh, sometimes the ones who can make you cry, but always the ones who can make everything OK again. They understand your quirks and know your darkest secrets, just as you know theirs. They are your everything, someone who makes you want to strive to be a better person, and a better spouse. That's what marriage means.


Now its your turn. Tell everyone what you think the meaning of marriage is thenhead over to From Mrs. to Mama and link up


No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...