Friday, December 20, 2013

Unspoken Truth about Motherhood

Motherhood is this wonderful whirl wind of laughs, tears, and snuggles and nothing is better. But part of motherhood is the things that many mothers have done ( at least once) but don't really talk about it.  I was having lunch with a friend recently who was expecting her own little bundle of joy as we got talking about her upcoming motherhood I remembered all the little things that people don't normally tell, the unspoken truths.

I can't remember the number of times where we were running late when Ethan was a baby or he had a massive accident when we were at home. So what did we do? The same things other parents have done. The beloved baby wipe bath. You know, grab the wipes and wipe your kid from head to toe, because sometimes you just have to improvise. I mean if its good enough to clean poop, its good enough to clean feet right?

How many times I have told my husband I had to urgently run to Target to get something. Really quick, I swear. 3 hours later I come home with nothing more then milk and some toilet paper. But the real urgency came from me needing a little bit of me time, not just for me but for them. Its not like people going around bragging saying " I ran to Target without my kid" but really, going anywhere without a small child is a success.


There you are making dinner, or trying to when you have your very cute, normally sweet tiny terror standing next to you screaming " EAT, EAT, EAT" or "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" so what do you do? You hand him a snack and turn on the tv just so you can have a chance to get something done.

Your running late and your little one is adamant that they aren't getting dressed in what you picked out. What do you do? Say have at it kiddo and let there where whatever it is they have their heart set on. Which mean times for me is to go sans shoes. No big deal. I throw his shoes in my bag and we run out of the house in socks. No harm, no foul.

Its not pretty but its true, not just for me but for so many moms ( and dads). You take everything one day at a time and sometimes you do things that you wish you didn't but you know it doesn't make much of a difference in the long run. Because its this unspoken truth about parenthood, this grey area that nobody talks about. Its real.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...