Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 Goals

2013 has come and gone with a bunch of new changes and surprises. Every year I say that I'm going to do something "amazing" for my new years resolution and every year I fail, miserably.  This year I've come up with a few different, more realistic goals.


#1 Be more patient- Patience has never been my strong suit. I tend to jump to conclusions quickly and lose my temper even more quickly. It doesn't help that I'm currently parenting on my own, which means poor Ethan pretty much test my patience on a daily basis. I know he doesn't mean to drive me batty and its not his problem, its mine. So I plan to change it.

#2 Give back more- Doing the 25 Days of Giving not only helped the community, but it made me feel amazing for doing something so different. There is no reason I should limit giving back to the holidays and plan on continuing to give back on more of a routine basis. It should be second nature to give back to the community. Not something special saved for the holidays.

#3 Go back to Church- While I have tried to go to church more, its extremely hard to find a church that I have felt 100% comfortable. I think I finally have and plan on trying to go whenever I'm not working.

#4 Gluten Free- Not because I have Celiac Disease or some other type of gluten intolerance, but because its good for you. Not just good for me but for Ethan as well. There have been numerous studies linking hyperactivity to gluten intolerance and I've decided after a lot of research to give it a try for at least 3 months. If after 3 months I don't notice a difference then we can go back to eating how we already do, but something tells me that this is going to be a one way journey that I'm not going to regret

#5 Stop Cussing- You know that saying " I cuss like a sailor"? Well I'm married to a sailor and I give him a run for his money. Its something that's become second nature to me and is an ugly habit that I've decided to break, no matter how hard.

So yeah, that's it. My goals for 2014. Nothing flashy or crazy just honest realistic goals that are totally achievable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...