Sunday, June 15, 2014

For my Husband on Fathers Day



Today is a day that celebrates dads, a day to pay tribute to the men who have stepped up to the plate and do their best to make sure they have happy, healthy children. When we said I do almost 5 years ago I thought I knew the type of dad you are, seeing you dote on Aubrey and be the best father you could be to your little girl. We had Ethan and seeing the way his eyes light up when your around, the way he giggles when you're going to "get him", seeing how he reaches out and strives to be the best he can be with you has made me realize I was wrong. I had no idea just what an amazing father you really are but have seen it in the eyes our those two amazing kids every time you are together. Aubrey has grown into this beautiful, smart, resourceful women and she has you to thank in part for that. She knows how a man should treat her because she has seen how you treat the women in your life with respect and admiration, yet knows she doesn't need a man to be happy. She strives to be her own person first and won't settle on second best. Ethan is slowly growing into your clone. He has your uncanny ability to find humor in the most random things, the same little smirk that you both know melts my heart and turns me into putty, and so much passion in all things he does. He is head strong and fearless. 

Not only do you bring out the best of our children, our children seem to bring out the best in you. They make you carefree, silly, and tender. They make you light up when you see them and I don't think you even realize that you do. I couldn't ask for a better husband or a better father for our wonderful family of 4.  I know any future children we have will be incredibily lucky because they will grow up never doubting their fathers love and unconditional devotion to them. They will know that no matter how strict, how frustrated, or how "crazy" you're feeling that you will be there to fix any boo-boos, protect them from any broken hearts, teach them to throw a baseball, and be their biggest fan.  I never thought I could love you more then the day we said I do, but everytime I see you with Aubrey and Ethan I fall in love with you all over again.  Thank you for being the best father you can be, and making us all strive to be our best selves for you. 

Happy Fathers Day Timmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...