Monday, July 28, 2014

Homemade Soap

Alright Ya'll, so after telling you about my new found love of essential oils figured I'd tell you about my fun and super easy project I completed recently. I have always been a fan of Bath and Bodywork's foaming hand soap. I love, love, love it. But at $5.50 per soap I easily spent $20 plus every time I needed new soap. Multiply that by every other month and I'm spending over $100 in soap. That's right SOAP. So I said enough is enough and when I ran across this on Pinterest I decided to give it a try.




No I've never been big on DIY cleaning products because honestly I'm lazy and its so much easier to buy what I need from the store and be done but this is so easy and only takes a few minutes!




All you need is 
-empty foaming soap dispensers ( you can just reuse one you have sitting around)
-essential oil of your choice (10 drops)
- 2 tbsp carrier oil ( the original post said coconut oil but I used grape seed oil I already had and haven't been able to notice a difference with my soap)
-2 tbsp unscented castile soap ( you can find Dr Bronners in most stores, like Target)
- Water


Combined the soap, oil, and EO into the bottle and then fill the rest of the bottle up with water. Shake and your done. Easy! 


I used lavender and lemon in 3 of mine, and just lemon in the 4th. I did all 4 of these in less then 5 minutes and have enough supplies to make tons more without having to buy anything else. Definitely a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...