Saturday, August 16, 2014

End of Your Rope

What do you do when you reach the end of your rope?

Do you ever have those days? The days where nothing is going right from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed? Its Murphy's Law at the fullest and what real life is all about. Its a cumulation of every day stuff that piles on your and makes you feel like your drowning. Any one event on its own is a minor annoyance, but together it makes for a very long and emotionally taxing day.

Today I was awaken by a dog with an upset stomach who threw up, a toddler who head butted me ( I wish I could say it was an accident) and an argument with my husband. Add on the dog knocking over a glass and Ethan stepping in it thus lodging glass in his foot and I forgot to run to the post office and put the bills in the mail.


 Yeah its the type of day, when life catches up to you and tries to knock you on your butt.  The day when you want to wave the white flag ( or towel, or toilet paper, because at this point you don't care), lock yourself in your room with a glass of wine and wait for tomorrow.  But you can't because your a mom, a wife, a pet owner, and a productive member of society and sitting on your bottom wishing for a better day doesn't make the day your living any better. So you clean up the dog vomit, take some Tylenol, make amends with your spouse, and pin your child down to get the glass out of his foot no matter how much resistance your met with because this is your life and you only get one, so you may as well make the most of it.

So what do you do when your at the end of your rope?

You tie that sucker in a knot, hold on and try to enjoy the ride no matter how bumpy it is. 

( and you also remember eventually its bedtime and there is a bottle of wine in the fridge.)

2 comments:

  1. This post is so true!!!
    I think all of us can relate

    ReplyDelete
  2. With just having our 3rd baby, I've had many "at the end of my rope" moments! Naptimes, bedtimes and wine have been my savior :)

    ReplyDelete

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...