Monday, September 8, 2014

Its My Party and I'll Cry if I want to

Well I have a 3 year old. You know how some people tell you 3 is worse then 2? Well if Ethan's party was any inclination of if that is true then it might be. Don't get me wrong we had a blast with his "Bubble Birthday Blast" but he definitely made sure to remind everyone that it was all about him once or twice.


I have been watching the weather religiously for about 2 weeks now and the forecast has show a chance of rain anywhere from 20-80%. Yesterday when we woke it was at about 40% but there were dark clouds about our house all morning long. About noon I made the call to say " yes lets risk this an have this thing outside". 

I'm so glad we did. It didn't rain the entire party and with about 10 kids there it would have been way to much for our small house to hold.  We had his party at the park about a mile from our house and I think it was a complete hit.


I ended up throwing a bubble themed party complete with bubble machine, wands, and a free for all of bubbly good fun. It was a hit with adults and kids alike and was fairly inexpensive unlike years past because all of our bubble goodies were on sale and I spent less then $100 on everything except for his gift



Top if off with blue velvet cupcakes and ice cream sundaes and we all had a great day


Someone may have ate 3 cupcakes which may have been what made him so cranky now that I look back on it.









Ethan racked in on the gifts and I don't think needs any new toys until he is 30. We have so much that he came home and was literally swimming in his presents.


The best part? My family was able to come out and support us for the day. If only Tim and Aubrey were there it would have been perfect.


After the party we went home and played with is new stuff, including his gift from Tim and I which was a complete success. We were worried to get him a scooter since last Christmas's bike has been such a flop ( he refuses to ride it). But he fell in love with the scooter and has even tried riding it around the kitchen without my knowledge.

Definitely a fun day for all. The best part? When all was said and done we were both exhausted and both got to sleep in today. WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun!!! I can't believe we have three years olds...w ell at least I have one more day of having a two year old... wah!!!!

    ReplyDelete

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...