Sunday, November 16, 2014

Halloween

Hey you guys, I know I'm getting really bad at updating my blog. Its a work in progress I promise. We're about 2 weeks out from halloween and I don't know about you but we had a great time!

 Ethan told me since day one when we first started talking about this years costume that he wanted to be "O the Owl" from Daniel Tigers Neighborhood. Now if you've ever seen this show you realize that means he wants to be a blue owl. Well surprise, surprise they don't have blue owl costumes. But after his insistance, and turning down my willingness to buy him any other costume he wanted I realized the only way to have a happy child on halloween was going to be to make it myself.  So I did.

I originally thought I was going to have to make him a mask but I ran across this little gym and knew this was it.

Next step was finding a hoodie and cutting out a lot of felt. Now when I say a lot I mean A LOT.
1000 felt triangles to be exact. 


If was extremely tedious but I love how the final costume came out.

Meeting Tinkerbell ( a friend of mine)


We went to out with a friend of ours and her son, Aiden the Scarcrow



 At this point he had gotten sick of his hat and stole my owl mask ( thats right I still made a mask, go figure)


 What a fun night. We lucked out and he didn't bust into anyone's house ( except tinkerbell, but I guess that doesn't count since we've been there before. ) and we definitely got more then our fair share of candy. Up next? Christmas!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

So tell me what you really think.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...